My name is Sylvie Mastellone: I was born and raise by the Mediterranean Sea of both the southern coast of France and Spain. I’ve had a passion for Oceans for as long as I can remember. While guiding and teaching diving for many years, I have traveled the world to discover the wonders below the surface as much as the ones above. In the last 10 years, I had been visiting Marine Protected Areas around the world with a deep interest in understanding how they were managed. I love collecting ideas from current practices, feeding my own personal reflection on how to enhance positive environmental changes through communication and education. And from outdoor museums to educational free snorkeling tours, I got the chance to witness many successful marine conservation initiatives out there, but unfortunately, not much light was actually shining on them.
- The new Travel Essential Must Have: a non-plastic Reusable Straw
- Adopt a Coral with Coral Guardian! Here’s to an Inspiring and Successful Participative Conservation!
- Coral Reef Revival: David Vaughan’s microfragmenting allows growth more than 25 times faster than normal
- Bureo Skateboards made of discarded fishing nets!
- SEABIN: Let’s have clean marinas, harbour, lakes and waterways